Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Is There an "I" in Team...?

When I look at the recruiting process and see how much money is dumped into programs it blows my mind! When you see individual recruiting of big names it is even more amazing how much time and effort is dedicated in order to impress these 17 and 18 year old boys. As I look back at former top recruits I started to wonder if those recruitment's were worth it in the end, was the impact worth the effort. Recent recruitment's of top players such as; Micheal Dyer (2010), Marcus Lattimore (2010), Bryce Brown (2009), Matt Barkley (2009), Terrell Pryor (2008), Darrell Scott (2008). As I look back I see both pros and cons in all of these players. Most of the players have done well in college, but some don't quite live up to the high billing once on the college scene. As I look at this years top recruits I see a lot of players that can make an instant impact. One of the players that I am looking at today is Isaiah Crowell.

Some have this five start prospect a can't miss and a player that if signed at the University of Georgia could have an instant impact. Much like Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina, RB) and Micheal Dyer (Auburn, RB), who were the number 1 and 2 running backs in the country, Isaiah has a chance to start at a contending program in a power conference. Marcus Lattimore took an under achieving South Carolina ball club and put them over the hump by making them a threat to run and pass. Isaiah is a top flight running back that checks in at 5'11 210 lbs. and is a very versatile every down back. He does a great job of catching the ball out of the back field. I see him making an instant impact right now, and if he chooses UGA over Alabama then he will have a greater chance of starting day 1. Although, Isaiah is talented I do not see why he would be a make or break decision. Washaun Ealey and Caleb King are both capable backs that together can carry the Georgia running game. That along with improvements to the offensive line will improve the running game. The thing is Isaiah Crowell is that good that without blocking he will add a dynamic that will instantly improve the offense much like A.J. Green did.

When I see a can't miss prospect that is bigger than the (I) in team it is because they are well balanced and versatile player that can and should start from Day 1. Isaiah has that type of impact in my mind. Even if he goes to Alabama he will get playing time as a kick returner and spot duty at running back but I think the pro style environment of the University of Georgia is ideal. Crowell has NFL caliber talent and reminds me of Joseph Addai with his ability to jump cut and explode through holes. Either way I think he is a can't miss prospect that will make a difference if healthy. Check out his video and see if you think he is a can't miss player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers