Saturday, November 7, 2009

Just Get'em On The Field

As I sit on the couch each Saturday and watch college football its clear that one thing separates the big schools from the small ones. Athletes! The more you have the better chance you have to win the game. It is my opinion that players are the ones that win games. So when I see great players in high school that play both ways or any position that their team needs I say Just get them on a college field no matter what the position.

When I watched a recent high school game I felt the same when I saw Damian Swann. The athlete out of Grady high school in Atlanta, Ga can really do it all. First off he plays free safety, wide receiver, and most recently quarterback. As a safety Damian is a ball hawk that is always a threat to return an interception for six points. His physical style is a apparent with 6'0 180 lbs. frame coupled with 4.4 speed. When lining up as a receiver Damian just needs a little room and he can wreak havoc on a defense. And when he lines up as quarterback he just flat out runs around and makes plays to move the chains.

As I project Damian to the next level I see him playing either safety or wide receiver. His allusive style really makes him a promising playmaker in any system. But I cannot deny the fact that he has great potential as a deep safety that with added weight will be a real player. Seeing as Damian is only a junior an is already getting offers from SEC schools its only a matter of time before he is known around the country as a Percy Harvin type playmaker. Check out his video, Damian is #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers