Thursday, January 13, 2011

6 Foot, 7 Foot, 8 Foot, 9!

Once again, I am jumping back into the past of former athletes who I have profiled previously. Today I am looking at a personal favorite, Greg Reid. This Georgia product has been criticized for wanting to go to Florida State because of the lack of talent at his position, and feeling that he would get a quick chance to start. In the end Greg found a program that fit his needs.

The thing that most impresses me about Greg Reid is the fact that he plays extremely well for his 5'9” 180 lb. frame. When he steps on the field he has an instant impact and he couples his ability with a little showmanship, which the home crowd loves.

When you put in the film of Greg Reid, you see instantly that he has the "it" factor. He is an instinctive corner who gambles a lot but is not often beat. He does a great job of driving on routes, and when something is caught he knows how to break on the ball and deliver a big blow. Greg isn't just a defender either. He is great on special teams and making good things happen whenever he gets the ball in his hand. During Florida State's bowl game, he made two different returns of over 25 yardseach. As I watched South Carolina kick to Greg, I just shook my head and thought of calling him ababy Devin Hester. Despite his small stature, Greg Reid has the talent to play in the NFL. I think he will end up becoming a better version of Antoine Winfield. Check out his video below and see what you think......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers