Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A True Hog in Razorback Country

As I watch college and high school games through Friday and Saturday I make different observations that affect the things I write about here on my blog. After watching the University of Georgia battle LSU I noticed how the pressure that a QB feels throughout a game does somewhat dictate how that player plays. Now although LSU came out with the win, it was clear that UGA's front four created some problems for LSU's QB.

After combing through some recent film I found a kid down in Arkansas that could end up creating some havoc on opposing offensive lines in the near future. Through my experience I have found it extremely hard to project Defensive Tackles from high school. So often they may be big, but not as adapt at using their tools in order to make plays. Well Byran Jones (DT 6'3 310lbs.) knows how to use his tools. After watching Byran;s film its clear that even though his height might restrict him from playing offensive line the toughness and nastiness that he plays with just belongs on the D-line.

Jones uses his hands well when attacking the shoulder of the opponent. He is at his best when he lines up as a 1-technique over the center. Jones has excellent burst out of his stance and usually gets under the pads of offensive lineman displaying excellent leverage for a man his size. Areas for improvement are consistency and better use of hands for pass rushing purposes. But in my opinion Defensive line is one of the harder positions to play as a true freshman. But with a college weight program and good coaching I can see Jones Making the Jump to the Next Level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers