Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Last Line of Defense

To Conclude my key to building a defense I will talk about the safety position. This is a personal favorite, because the safety position has evolved into one of the more important position over the last several years. The safety can play deep and contribute in pass coverage as well as come down in the box in run support.

Today I am going to break down possibly one of the most physically gifted players to come out in quite some time. I put him on the level of Eric Berry, Austin Box, and Ed Reed as far as their impact on the high school level. Alec Ogletree is currently ranked as the number one safety out of Newnan, GA. He stands at 6'3 210lbs and he is a man child on the field. On the high school level he is as physical if not more than Taylor Mays and has the coverage skills to make plays on the ball. His size allows him to make up for mistakes when he gets beat.

There are not many flows to his game and I think for once I will let the video speak for itself. If you ever watch an highlight tape this should be the one!!!

Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers