Thursday, August 13, 2009

Will it Be the Hardwood or the Gridiron.....?

As I search for the best recruits in the Southeast I often come across kids who play multiple sports. I think this is great. Growing up I played baseball, basketball, soccer, and football. My parents always said I could decide when I was older what I truly wanted to pursue as my main sport.

Well a super-talented kid by the name of Bruce Ellington out of Moncks Corner, South Carolina has yet to make up his mind. Bruce has talents both in basketball and football. Today I am looking at this three star athlete on the football field. I think with his size and athletic ability he can truly be a terror if he fully commits to football. Bruce has a smooth running style that allows him to glide to the corners of defense and out run most defenders. Although, he does not have the best moves in the open field his basketball skills transition in that he often makes cuts on a dime in order to shake defenders. His speed and returning ability automatically make him an intriguing prospect.

Given Bruce's athletic ability and running style I could see him thriving in a spread passing attack that allows him to get in open space and use his speed to make defenders chase. Another part of me sees him being a great A-back in Georgia Techs option attack. He reminds me a lot of former teammate Roddy Jones who has great speed and cut back ability on the edges of the defense. Either way Bruce Ellington is a great recruit who will likely jump up in the rankings during his senior year.

Check out his video, and let me know what you all think.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers